Monday, July 25, 2011

THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING!!!

Global warming does not exist. The concept is a fraud that has been concocted by the electric utility companies and companies who manufacture and sell air-conditioning, electrolyte replacement drinks, and shore towns that advertise being cooler than the concrete jungles of Philly and New York. They all make tons of money over this fraud. They especially make gobs of cash when the temperature and humidity outside are as oppressive as they have been over the past several days. The LSF's least favorite season of the year is summer. I dread its coming, and count the days until it is over. I'd rather have it in the teens with a ton of snow on the ground than 100 and humid. The LSF perspires a lot and, when the heat is where it has been, I sweat like a bitch.

I have been out of the house three times since I got home from dancing Wednesday night and each time made me more miserable, cantankerous, and nasty. Because I was home a lot I watched a whole lot more TV than I normally do and, as a result, I hate Comcast more than I normally do - which borders on being pathological when I have to call them. I pay what I consider to be a lot of money to have over a hundred channels of mostly nothing to watch. Seriously, the only things I watch on a regular basis are news shows, ball games, and movies. The only time I watch the over-the-air-channels is for the local news and weather. I watch channel six because I can relate to Jim Gardner, and their weekend weather lady Melissa Magee is sizzling hot.

I don't watch the shopping channels and I believe that daytime talk shows that tell me how to deal with menopause or what to wear with my new orange shoes are the type of programming that further dumbs down the population from its rather lowly starting point. We are, generally speaking, a stupid people. We fit Einstein's definition of insanity perfectly. We keep electing the same kind of assholes we always do, and believe them when they tell us how much they care about "The American People." We then get angry at them when they don't do anything except kow tow to the oligarchy and give them whatever they want at the expense of the rest of us.

Fortunately, I caught myself. I was about to get into a political rant that would have offended everybody. I don't care if what I say offends somebody, and I particularly enjoy offending right wing assholes. All you have to do to offend these folks is to tell them the truth. As Jack Nicholson once said "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH." They delight in acting offended so the rest of us might accommodate them whenever we can.

So, being home I watched more baseball than I normally do, and even caught a few innings of an IronPigs game. I actually got to see Mike Zagurski have a 1-2-3 inning. I watched Baseball Tonight and a myriad of shows on MLB. I watched all of the Phillies games as well as a few others like last night's Reds-Braves game.

I am not having as much fun writing this season because, despite long periods of not hitting, tons of missed games by so called key players, the lack of offense for long stretches of the season, the lack of power production from a team that must hit home runs, the team keeps winning. The Gods Of Baseball have allowed the Phillies to win 64 games so far and stay atop the NL East. No matter what, they keep on winning and certain question marks have actually stepped up and contributed.

How about that Michael Martinez? Given a chance to play every day, all of a sudden he is getting on base and has shown that he can play some pretty good defense. His three run homer on Saturday night carried the team to victory, especially when you added the two blasts by Utley, and the pinch hit blast by Superstar who had, until that shot, a 100 at-bat home run drought.

With yesterday's win, the Phils have won another series - no matter what tomorrow's outcome is. I would like them to win, since what comes next for this team will not be as easy for the Candystripers as the Padres have been. Face it, the Padres are the Phillies bitch team and may never win another game against the Phillies. The Giants and the Pirates will not lay down for our home town heroes and winning both of those series will be a major accomplishment. We have seen the Phillies bats come alive earlier this season against shitty teams only to fold like a cheap suit against a good team with good pitching. From what I can tell, we are scheduled to see the Giants' top three pitchers and we always have trouble beating the Bucs who won a big game today to stay tied atop the NL Central.

My spirits were lifted today watching baseball games. Let me explain. I had to do laundry today and our laundry room temperature made the fires of hell seem temperate. I didn't have a choice since I was out of clean clothes. Women do not understand that laundry time for a guy only comes when there is nothing clean and the "dirty" stuff is too funky to wear. It's a guy thing. Regardless, I would put a load in the washer and by the time I got back to my apartment I would be soaking hot, making me miserable. The Reds-Braves game was on and Dontrelle Willis was keeping the Braves down - until he self destructed allowing the Braves pull even. That sucked since a Reds win would push the Braves back another game against the Phillies. Imagine my joy and elation when Drew Stubbs hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the ninth giving the Reds a 4-3 win. After that I went down to retrieve my laundry only to come back miserably hot and grouchy as shit. I remained this way until I turned on MLB just in time to see super free agent Jayson Werth strike out in the bottom of the ninth to end the game with another loss for the Nats. Werth has not exactly made their GM look good for the $126MM signing and any day I expect to read that he has been found floating in the Potomac. Werth fanning was a treat and a fine way to end my weekend of watching ball games.

That's it for now. Stay cool and be patient since, as the debt limit deadline draws nearer and our elected darlings keep posturing, I may do a political rant suitable for no one's ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment