Saturday, June 4, 2011

I AM OUTRAGED AT THE STUPIDITY!!!

As you know - I have been a LSF of the Philadelphia Phillies for more years than most of you have been alive. I have watched the horrible teams of the 50's, and loved them. I watched the '64 team tease us with what looked like a pennant only to have Chico Ruiz steal home and start what was a ten game losing streak and a second place finish to the Cardinals, and still loved them. I watched the absolutely horriffic teams of the late 60's and early 70's, and still loved them. They were the my hometown team - I felt obligated to love them. My love affair is over.

Those of you who have been following my rantings know that there was a point last year when I pulled my emotions away from them. I am doing so again, and will root for any team they play until Ruben Amaro is either fired for incompetence or shot by an irate fan. The LSF does not own a gun, so it won't be me if it happens. I completely and totally loathe Amaro who has no clue what he is doing.

But what about his bringing Cliff Lee back LSF? He never should have sent him away after the acquisition of Roy Halladay. And for all you Amaro lovers out there, can you even remember the names of the bums we got for Lee from Seattle? If you can, then you are either fibbing big time or you should try and get a life. We got two minor leaguers who may never even deserve a cup of coffee in the majors. And what about Lee? How has that worked out? The guy is having a non-ace kind of a season, and I believe he may be damaged goods. I know that the Phillies haven't given him much run support, but please, how do you give up two HR's to Espinosa, who isn't worth a shit and never will be?

The reason I am walking away from having my emotions involved with this team is the move made today by Amaro sending Mayberry to the Iron Pigs to make room for Shane Victorino's activation from the DL. I am outraged at this move and trust me, it will come back to bite your Phillies in the ass. The brain trust decided to keep both rule five non-player Michael Martinez, and Francisco on the roster over Mayberry. And of course there is the Ross Gload situation - Gload can't run. If a baseball player player can't run, he should be DL'ed until he can. Then there is Martinez. Martinez can't hit, can't run, and is suspect with a glove on. I understand the deal with a rule five player. If the Phillies want to send him down, he has to clear waivers and then be offered back to the Nats if he clears waivers. So? I read that Charlie likes the look of him. What the fuck does that mean?

And then there is Francisco. He has not shown me or most anyone else that he deserves to be a starter in the big leagues. I'm guessing, but isn't he hitting around a buck ten? Does he have a rifle for an arm? Does he have the potential to provide awesome power to the line-up? The answer is no to all of the above questions. He has had his shot and has been found wanting. Despite being a bum, the brain trust is keeping him instead of John Mayberry.

Mayberry isn't exactly setting the league on fire, but he is hitting close to .250, and in my opinion has tremendous upside potential with the bat. To realize this potential he has to play, here not in Allentown. Next to Victorino he is the best outfielder on the team, and that includes Francisco and Brown. John Mayberry should be in Pittsburgh tonight instead of in Allentown or wherever the Pigs are playing.

Francisco is being paid in the low seven figures this year and that might be the reason he stays and Mayberry goes. Perhaps the brain trust can't fathom paying a guy that kind of money to be a minor leaguer. Who gave him the money - Ruben did. Shit, whats the difference, they have to pay him his major league contract wherever he plays. Mayberry could develop into a solid big leaguer while we have already seen the best of Francisco.

I write this evening while waiting for the Pirates game to start. I am wearing a gold t-shirt, and black shorts - the colors of my beloved team. I want them to sweep this series against Philadelphia, and I want Superstar to strike out at least twice in each game. I will cheer loudly when he swings at pitches below his ankles. If only I had a Pirate hat, I would wear the thing everywhere.

I suspect that most of you will continue to bleed Phillies red, and that I understand. I've had enough for this season.

I don't do stupid very well, and this one is near he top of Ruben's all time stupid list. Amaro was a shitty player after his first week on the Phillies, and he has done nothing since becoming GM that doesn't make me want Pat Gillick to unretire and show Amaro the door.

Have a great weekend, and GO PIRATES!

No comments:

Post a Comment