Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Deja Vous All Over Again!

I wish I could take credit for tonights title, but the credit belongs to a master of malapropism, Lawrence "Yogi" Berra.

But, yeah, I've been here before - over and over and over again. During the past baseball season I warned all you red kool-aid sippers not to give your heart to the candy stripers, well gang tonight I am issuing a major alert regarding sipping green kool aid. Don't set yourself up for the heartbreak of the Fat Andrew finding a way to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Don't think that I am not extatic over tonight's win over the Cowboys. When the Eagles go to the house that Jerry built and beat them there, you have had a good day. And despite my misgivings about Reid, I have to give him credit for having McCoy run during last 5 minutes. AND HOW 'BOUT THE O LINE, who for my money are the heroes of the night. Sure it looks great to the skilled guys do well - but tonight the holes were big enough to drive Jerry Jones ego through it.

Herrmans was a bulldozer out there tonight. He was knocking guys to the ground - pancaking them on running plays. The suffering fan was an O lineman in both high school & college, when I watch a game I watch the line play. I can watch the replay for the total picture. My game ball goes to the Big Uglies!

I would be remiss if I didn't praise Michael Vick. The guy is significantly better than the guy who got all the headlines. He used to be as inaccurate as McNabb, but this season he has been tossing lasers. He is playing with a lot of heart and with an aplomb never shown by McNabb.

I'm not talking about Vick's character, because the only thing I believe he is sorry for is having been caught which made him have to "go away". His handlers are slicker and smarter than dog poop and if he does what McNabb could not do here - he will be able to name his price, and Lord Jeffrey will have to pay up. I mean even after beating the 'Boys' at their house would you hire Vick to walk your dog? Next issue!

If you haven't seen the film of the Metrodomes roof collapsing - you need to. The symbolism is priceless. I mean the ex-coach sends guys down to beg Favre to come back, and he stinks things up so bad that the coach gets fired, the team can't do shit, and then the roof caves in. There is a god!

Favre is a pathetic, self indulgent asshole who truly believed he could find the magic one more time - despite the bad ankle, and the fact that he is 41. Favre is still the Friday night hero who was the small town hero. He still thinks that he is in high school back in Mississippi. I love all 17 of his 2010 interceptions - every last one of them. Bret needs to go back to Mississippi and stay there. I hope and pray that no network gives him a broadcast job. How bad would that be?

But again, please don't drink the green kool-aid yet! As I write my sources confirm that the football gods are meeting to plan how to make Andrew The Large blow it again. I mean, maybe they'll have him name Kolb the starter for the play-offs stating that he has been saving this deadly weapon to use at just the right time. Whatever, the gods have been creative in the past, and who knows what they may be able conjure up this time. Having McNabb puke in the huddle during the Super Bowl was a nice touch, and maybe they'll be able to top it this year.

I was hoping to be able to write about the candystripers tonight, but there is n't anything to write about. Oh yeah, they picked up somebody in thew rule 5 draft. Of course I can't remember the guys name or anything about him. Sure, they signed some spare parts, but I'd feel a lot better if they would sign Durbin and maybe another outfielder. I guess Ruben will make some moves, but they won't involve any body of any real importance.

The Cliff Lee saga is almost over, and suspect he has already made his mind up. I'm hoping that my beloved Kansas City Royals man up and offer him all of the Kaufman family's money, but I'd settle for him to stay in Texas. If he does that I will make it a point to read the NYC tabloid press. It will be awesome!

The more I think about Jason Werth getting paid $126mm to sign with Washington, the more I am convinced that utter madness has descended upon us from some alien culture. Werth isn't worth that kind of money, but he got it. Stephen King couldn't make this up, and that boy has a rather interesting imagination. At least I hope it is his imagination we see, and that he doesn't have a nasty pooch telling him to bring Michael Vick to Maine.

More musings soon, but for now this long suffering fan is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment