Wednesday, December 29, 2010

THE WUSSIES WERE IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

Governor Fast Eddie decried the postponment of the Eagles - Vikings game because of a few snowflakes stating that we have become a nation of wussies. The Gov, who was in the house last night had plenty of wussies to observe - and they were wearing midnight green.

In his postgame presser, head coach Fat Andrew was able to use his favorite cliches stating that the effort tonight was pathetic and that we have to do better. The man has amazing insights doesn't he? His team played as if no effort would be required to send the Vikings back to Minnesota, and the Vikings made the big green machine look like a car stuck in a mound of snow at the side of the road.

Michael Vick who had earlier been named as the NFC starting QB in the pro-bowl turned in a hauntingly McNabbesque performance, while his O line blocked virtually nobody allowing the going-nowhere Vikings defense to sack Vick 6 times while hitting him on almost every play. Vick's passing accuracy which had improved ten-fold this year left him last night as he threw the ball to Viking defenders as often as he hit his own men. And where was Jackson? Well he was a no show, so maybe he'll keep his mouth shut today.

This was a game the Eagles needed to win. This was a game that, if won, would have kept alive the possibility of a play-off bye. Instead, this was the game that all but insured an early exit from the playoffs by our hometown heroes. The Vikings, subject to all sorts of drama and disappointment this season and led by a guy nobody in the world had ever heard of showed up and played the game. The big green wussies left their hearts somewhere and in my opinion should have lost by more than ten points. Yes Andrew, you and your charges have to do better. Let's see what they do this week against the hated Cowboys. The long suffering fan no longer bets (It didn't take me long to realize that I couldn't do it well.) but if I did, I would place my dead presidents on the Cowboys.

I didn't watch the last quarter because I was fed up and knew that there would be no last minute miracle like we saw the week before against the Jints. I was tired of hearing Collingsworth tell me that the Eagles have the ability to mount a comeback. Collingsworth didn't even believe what he was saying, but I suppose his bosses told him to keep the fires of hope burning so that people like me would not pick up their remotes and leave the wussies to their own misery. The long suffering fan watched "True Romance" which is always a treat, especially the scene where Christopher Walken visits Dennis Hopper. If you haven't seen this Tarentino-written film you ought to check it out, especially if violence is entertaining to you.

It wasn't just the poor play by the Eagles that pissed me off last night. I could have dealt with that. Some of my least favorite commercials were shown repeatedly - making me wishing that I could hurt whoever dreamed them up. Funny, but the worst offenders were all car commercials.

First on my list is the one where a snotty kid and his father are shopping for a guitar. The father who appears to be the guy with the credit card holds up a guitar and tells the brat that the one in his hand is as good as the one the kid really wants. The kid who has a girls haircut and an obnoxious tablecloth looking shirt says in a nasty tone, "No it isn't." Instead of the switching to the guy in the BMW store the commercial would have had a happy ending if the father would have beaten the kid.

The next most offensive commercial is the National Car Rental spot where the business woman tells me that she is getting an "upgrade" The way she says that word tells me that she too deserves a beating. "Nana na na I'm getting an upgrade," just presses my buttons. A happy ending to that ad would have the bitch pulling out of the parking lot and getting whacked by an 18 wheeler.

Lexus has a commercial out there that makes no sense and is stupid to boot. You know the one where the wife is dragging her sleepy husband into their living room to show him the new red Lexus she is giving him for Xmas. How did the car get into the living room without the guy knowing. Did she drug him? Stupidity reigns supreme.

Lastly I want to clear up a matter from my last posting. Ed Romero was a journeyman MLBer who had a 12 year career with the Brewers, Red Sox, and the Tigers. As a career part time player he hit .247 with 8 HR's and last played in 1990. I meant to post that Ruben had signed J.C. Romero, but somehow gave up Ed Romero. One can only hope that J.C. performs better than he has in recent outings - since even with our starting staff Charlie will have the need for a left-hander out of the pen.

When I hear the name J.C. I immediately think of a dog of the same name that my parents had. This dog ate better than anyone you know, never being given dog food. The dog ate corned beef, lox, and whatever else my parents were having. The dog, a miniature spitz, must have weighed 200 pounds when she went to doggie heaven. The dog loved $12.00 a pound veal. So much for all the starving people in the world.

That's it for today, except to remind everyone that Jos. A Bank is having their second sale of the week. You betcha! Buy any suit and get 2 for free! You have to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment