Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I LIKE MY EGGS SCRAMBLED!!!!

If I have to wear egg on my face because of predicting and believing that the Flyers were a foregone conclusion to be eliminated from the playoffs in the first round, I am happy to do so. I hope that if any of you had a few sheckels on the outcome that you took my advice to bet the opposite side to my prediction. As I have shown the inability to pick winners, betting against me might be a good way to fund your kids education.

As of this writing the Flyers next opponent has not been announced, but you can be sure that no matter which team it is I will see no way for the local guys to win.

I did not watch any of the Fly Fly boys (couldn't have told you what channel they were on if my life depended on it), but I did get to see the Sixers awesome performance on Sunday. They jumped all over the Heat and had a 15 point lead in the 1st quarter. The Heat went on their own tear in the 2nd quarter and led by 1 at the end of the half. During the second half, the game was back and forth with the Sixers hitting a couple of key three pointers at the end of the 4th quarter to force a game five in Miami. This team is one of the younger teams in the league and they have some nice players. Even Evan Turner came up big the other day.

I still don't think they have the horses or the experience to win the series, but they could be very good next year. A nice treat. I really do like games where they play FOUR QUARTERS!

In other sports news, the NFL is holding their annual draft tomorrow evening in NYC. Duh, does anybody give a shit? Seriously, who cares? Fat Andrew and his troops will select someone no one has ever heard of and then trumpet them as the next coming a la Kevin Kolb. I'm sorry gang, but I don't get goosebumps when the Commish announces that the Titans are on the clock. I can't stomach Mel Kiper or any of the other draftologists who make pronouncements like they actually know what they are doing. Instead of wasting air time with these fools sitting next to people who used to be able to make a living being sportswriters they ought to show old Yogi Bear or Tom & Jerry cartoons. It would be more entertaining and their ratings would soar.

If you lived in Arizona or Pittsburgh, or some other place with a truly pathetic baseball team, you would probably become very excited if your team was in second place. If the Bucs ever get that high in the NL Central standings, the kids would get a day off from school and somebody would announce plans to re-open a steel mill. Unfortunately, the expectations here in the greatest city in the world go a little higher than second place - which is exactly where the candystripers reside after last night's loss to the D'Backs. The Phillies are now looking up at the assholes of the Florida Marlins, and I hope they don't get fish shit on their faces. The only word I can use to describe their offense is pathetic.

The next time you go into your local post office you will see Raul Ibanez's picture on a most wanted picture. He is now wanted for Grand Theft Of A Pay Check. Going into last night's debacle he was hitting a buck seventy-nine. I told you last season that the guy was finito. Do you believe me now? Why this clown is still penciled into the line-up most nights befuddles my imagination. The way things are, he gets paid whether he fucks up at the plate or not, so why not give the left field job to Mayberry so we can find out what he can do when playing regularly. Shit, we already know what Ibanez can't do.

La de da, Superstar had a couple of hits last night, but it has been thirteen games since he has hit a home run. If you are going to pose like Babe Ruth before every pitch, then you need to hit some four baggers every once in a while. As it stands now, Superstar is hitting around .275 with three home runs. Sounds like a Dominican shortstop and not one of the premier sluggers in the game.'

The long suffering fan is also seeing cracks in the Four Aces. Remember how excited we all were when Cliff Lee said, "I pick Philly?" It was going to be the best of times, and never the worst of times. So far, it isn't quite working out the way we thought. Lee has occasionally pitched well this season, but looks more like the guy who got tuned up in the World Series last year than the stud he once was. I understand that without the offense providing run support the pitcher's job is much harder, but something is starting to smell a little stale. I can't complain about Oswalt last night as he has been the most consistent guy in the rotation so far. Halladay will probably end up the season just fine, but even he has had his moments this season. Today we get Hamels in an afternoon getaway game. I for one will be glad to see these guys get the hell out of the desert.

That's about it for now. The long suffering fan wishes you all a great day and hopes that none of you are planning to stay up up all night to watch the big wedding. Prince William is taking a bride - yippee doo! If it really means anything to you, I'll get you a plate with their pictures on it, or maybe a toilet seat - there is one with the couple's picture on it. The only royal I like is Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. He has a great job. He never has to say anything, gets a gazillion pounds a year for being the guy who has to sleep with Liz, gets to wear a different uniform every day, and is worshiped by a cargo cult in the Republic of Vanuatu. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment