Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'VE COME TO PRAISE HAMELS, NOT TO BURY HIM!

Let it not be said that the long suffering fan will not give credit when it is deserved. This morning, I must tell of how delighted I was at the performance turned in by Cole Hamels in last night's game against Jayson Worthless and his Washington Nats. Hamels, as many of you know, has been pitching lights-out ever since his first outing when the Madoffs burned him. A few nights at 3rd & Indiana seems to have done the trick.

The LSF must also mention that your favorite left fielder, one Raul Ibanez broke out of his multi-year slump by hitting not one, but two doubles against the Nats. Congratulations, Mr. Ibanez. While I was pleased at his effort last night, I'm still not convinced that his time to retire hasn't come. Please remember that Hernandez was tossing 80 MPH "fast" balls which is just what the slow bat speed of Ibanez could hit. I want to see how he gets the bat around when faced with real heat.

Your 0-2 Flyers take the ice again tonight in an attempt to climb back into their second round series against the Bruins. A loss tonight and the fat lady can sing anything she wants because the jig will be up. I will not watch, but certainly will be pulling for the home town darlings of "The Joke On Ice."

That's it for now, so get out there in the rain and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment